Sunday, July 05, 2015

Television and Cinema Verities: Sound Designing The X-Files


"The beginning years were the hardest because every episode presented new challenges.  The X-Files was a unique show.  I mean, the first five years had a lot of exploration and turmoil and we all had some really insane fun. We had a wonderful group of sound editors, facing the challenge of creating a real and not real world.”

- The X-Files' sound designer, Thierry J. Couturier, discusses the making of the landmark series with X-Files Lexicon author and series scholar, Matt Allair.  The entire exclusive interview is posted at The X-Files Lexicon and is a fantastic behind-the-scenes read. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...