Tuesday, January 06, 2015

In One Month: Jupiter Ascending (2015)

The year 2015 is going to bring audiences many sci-fi sequels, but I'm also looking forward to Jupiter Ascending, an original sci-fi epic from the Wachowskis which bows on February 6  

I know there's much controversy surrounding the quality of The Matrix sequels, but I'm a fan of all the Wachowski films, including Speed Racer (2008). and Cloud Atlas (2012). 

The trailers for Jupiter Ascending suggest an epic sci-fi/fantasy pastiche.  

I suspect it's either going to be a bravura, full-throated re-invention of the form, spun from familiar tropes, or -- if things go badly -- a CGI-laden mess

Just one month till we find out which.


1 comment:

  1. raito1:49 PM

    I'm guessing things will go badly.

    My wife and I took in a movie in a theater over Christmas (something we seldom do anymore). There were several trailers for sci-fi movies.

    In short, they all looked the same. Lots of shiny stuff blowing up. At least 3 even used the same percussion cadence for similar end sequences.

    If I can't tell movies apart by watching the trailers, there isn't much hope, is there?

    ReplyDelete

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...