Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The World of the Micronauts: Micropolis




This is the Micronauts “building set that never stops growing” from Mego  

As the box art suggests: “Make this and dozens of fantastic space age structures for your micronauts.” 

These space-age construction sets “enable your child to build any number of different toys that can be taken apart and put together over and over again.  Using a simple five millimeter plug and receptacle system, Micropolis building sets will adapt to all Micropolis figures and accessories."


I have two Micropolis sets in my collection, the Interplanetary Headquarters and Mega City (which consists of 579 parts).  

Joel and I have a lot of fun building new configurations together, but the "plug and receptacle system" can really, really hurt your fingers...

1 comment:

  1. I had a version of this set when I was a kid! Thanks for the memories.

    I had the chance to buy a new version of the Micronauts (a revived Microman [the Japanese toy the Micronauts are based on]) many years ago at the Silver Snail comic book shop on Queen Street here in Toronto (the old location, not the new, and, IMHO emasculated on on Yonge Street near Yonge and Dundas, our version of Times Square, The Ginza, and Piccadilly Circus) that was complete with a DVD of an animated show, but I flinched and never bought it even though I could've done so-I feel like such a fool for letting that happen.

    Great to see you and your son get a ton of enjoyment from it-I myself wish that I still had this.

    Are there any current toys based on current movies/TV shows your son (and I guess by extension, you) love to play with?

    ReplyDelete

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...