Monday, February 24, 2014

Ask JKM a Question: Only God Forgives (2013)?


A reader named Julie writes:

"Have you watched Only God Forgives yet?  I searched your blog and couldn’t find any review.  I would truly love to read your ‘reflections’ on it as it is a very strange movie and you seem to really like strange movies”

Julie, thank you for writing.  

Whenever a reader takes the time to write to me and ask for specific review, I make every effort to comply.  Accordingly, I will post my review of the film tomorrow, so keep an eye out.

I don’t want to spoil anything today but I will acknowledge now that I found Only God Forgives mesmerizing.  It’s violent and bloody in the extreme, but I couldn’t take my eyes off the film.  The movie's use of color, for instance, is extraordinary, and at least one character is unforgettable, a corollary to Bardem's villain in No Country for Old Men (2007).

So tune in tomorrow at 6:00 am.

Don't forget to ask me your questions at Muirbusiness@yahoo.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

90 Years Ago: Tarzan and His Mate (1934)

Tarzan and His Mate  (1934) is the finest of the Johnny Weismuller/Maureen O’Sullivan MGM  Tarzan  movies. It is (shockingly…) frank in its ...