Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Reader Top Ten Greatest Toys of Childhood: Sean McCormack


My dear friend Sean McCormack (and fellow horror enthusiast) is the first reader out of the gate to send a “top ten” toys of childhood list.  Sean’s choices are great ones, as you will see.

Sean writes:

10) Yoda hand puppet (1981)


9) Hugo Man of 1000 Faces playset


8.) Alien movie viewer (1979)



7) AT-AT (1981)

6) Darth Vader Big Action Figure (1978)


5) Steve Austin doll


4) Evel Knievel doll & bike (1975)


3) Kermit & Animal Muppets (1980)


2) Millenium Falcon (1979)


1) stuffed King Kong (1976)

Honorable Mentions:
Mego-Softies (Lone Ranger, Superman, Spiderman)
Shogan Warriors Dragun and Godzilla

I also had a stuffed or plush Kong from the 1970s Dino De Laurentiis movie, and absolutely loved it as well, Sean.  I had the toy in two sizes, actually, and one of them was huge, as I recall.  

I also remember well the thrill of getting the Empire Strikes Back AT-AT for Christmas.  In fact, I still have mine from 1981, though I have given it to Joel at this point.  He now has two walkers!

I must also confess that until your list, I had completely forgotten about Hugo - The Man of a Thousand Faces from Kenner.  So cool...

Readers, don’t forget to send your “top ten toys of childhood lists” to Muirbusiness@yahoo.com, and I’ll post them on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...