Monday, July 08, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #76



"The idea to me of a mirror universe is that you begin with exactly the same archetypes in place, the same responses. It’s just that one took a left turn and one took a right turn. So it’s a real mirror image, and Kira’s warrior spirit and desire to fight for her people became skewed. It’s still there. It’s still a warrior spirit, and yet it’s with a complete selfishness with the Intendant. And it’s all about her, the Intendant. So everything was inward instead of outward. I felt like I got to know Kira better by playing the Intendant." 

- Nana Visitor discusses playing Major's Kira's opposite in the Mirror Universe (in Deep Space Nine), at Star Trek.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...