Monday, October 15, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities #41



"When I did my episode, I just loved the script, loved the idea that this strange man (Spock) was finally going to be schtupped and I was going to be the one to do it, and that I was going to be the one to teach him how to not be a vegetarian. So I loved the idea. Then, when they showed me the costume, I thought I was going to die. But I sensed that it was a very special thing when I was doing it. I don’t know why. I don’t know if it was because of the script or the costume or the makeup, but there was a special-ness to it. I mean, who had any idea that it’d become what it has? I don’t think Leonard (Nimoy) or Bill (Shatner) had any idea, either."

- Mariette Hartley discusses playing Zarabeth in the classic Star Trek episode, "All Our Yesterdays," in an interview at Star Trek.com in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 Years Ago: Planet Earth (1974)

Planet Earth  (1974) aired fifty years ago today, represents creator Gene Roddenberry's second effort to get his  Genesis II  (1973) ser...