Monday, January 09, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities: In the Words of the Creators # 1



"I always had this question that I would ask myself and I would ask the writers as we went forward. Why this story? And why this story now? Those questions set the bar high, and they were relevant philosophically and dramatically to their times. It's important, as a television writer, to ask yourself that question. It deepens the work. That's not to say it's always a good thing. Sometimes it makes it less accessible or more intellectual than it needs to be."

- X-Files and Millennium creator Chris Carter discusses story with me in an interview from December 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

90 Years Ago: Tarzan and His Mate (1934)

Tarzan and His Mate  (1934) is the finest of the Johnny Weismuller/Maureen O’Sullivan MGM  Tarzan  movies. It is (shockingly…) frank in its ...