Friday, May 25, 2007

The House Between Season Two: It Begins

Well, it's about thirty minutes after midnight as I begin this post, and now I can say that the pre-production stage of The House Between Season Two is officially over. Now...we're into the actual production!!!! Yay!

In minutes (maybe hours...) I'm expecting the first round of my team to arrive. This includes stars Kim Breeding (Astrid), Jim Blanton (Arlo) and Tony Mercer (Bill Clark) as well as my special effects wizards, Rob and Phyllis Floyd. I'm excited to see all of them again. The remainder of the cast and crew will be arriving sometime during the daytime hours on Friday.

Tomorrow (Friday), I'll also be "staging" the house at the end of the universe, the central location of the series: hanging black curtains to again simulate the "null" zone around the house. My foyer is filled with props, costumes, a green screen, Arlo's tin cans and more.

We have an eight day shoot ahead of us, and it looks grueling. The scripts are more complex than they were last year, in terms of performance, storyline and special effects. We'll also be shooting some special features (like interviews and commentaries) for the impending DVD release of Season One.

So the blog will be sporadic or posted at odd hours in the next 8 days, but I do hope to get many photographs from production posted up here during that span.

After that, it's back to old-school blogging, with features on some 1970s favorites like Jason of Star Command, Korg 70,000 BC, and the animated series, Valley of the Dinosaurs.

Lots of goodness to come. Meanwhile, our production slate includes the following season two episodes: "Returned," "Separated," "Reunited," "Estranged," "Populated," "Caged" and "Ruined." I'd like to have time for another show "Distressed,' but it's an alternate, depending on fast we go, how far we fall behind, and how dang tired everybody is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...